Greater North Central Francophone - Bilingual Guidance Counsellor
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Find fulfillment as the Greater North Central Francophone Education Region/Conseil scolaire Centre-Nord’s Bilingual Guidance Counsellor, taking pride in supporting their students and helping them determine their ideal career path.
CSCN is one of Alberta’s four French language school boards and is the largest Francophone school district in Alberta. With over 3,500 students attending any one of the 19 Francophone schools, they are a blend of Catholic and Public Schools located in Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Jasper, Legal, Red Deer, St. Albert, Wainwright, Beaumont, Camrose, Sherwood Park and Lloydminster.
Based in Edmonton, you will design and deliver the school board’s guidance counseling program to improve student outcomes. As the successful candidate, you enjoy and look forward to working with students, in collaboration with parents, teachers, and administrators, to help them make the best academic choice and career path decision. As well, you come with the following:
- Hold a university degree in a field of specialization appropriate to the job, in particular in guidance science, educational and vocational information;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and other specialized software related to their field of expertise (Edsembli, myBlueprint, etc.);
- Be familiar with the post-secondary pathway options in Alberta and have knowledge of the Francophonie in a minority setting, considered an asset;
- Possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and agree to travel within the territory served by the School Board; and
- Provide a recent report of his criminal record including the verification of the vulnerable sector before employment.
French/English Bilingual individuals who are interested are invited to contact Steven Davidson, Principal, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780.665.4965 ext. 104 to receive a detailed position profile.