Alberta College and Association of Opticians - Executive Director & Registrar
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Vogel Group is working with the Alberta College and Association of Opticians (“ACAO”) to find their Executive Director & Registrar.
Regulating Alberta’s Opticians under the Health Professions Act, the Alberta College and Association of Opticians serves both the public and its members. The ACAO also provides continuing education opportunities, seminars, events, and more to its 1,100 members.
Reporting to the Council of the College and Association, the Executive Director & Registrar is responsible for ACAO’s overall leadership, risk analysis, policy development, strategic planning, vision, financial management, stakeholder development and education programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health administration, leadership, public policy, adult education, or business administration. The equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered;
- A successful track record as a senior leader within a similar, regulatory organization; experience in the nuances of legislation and regulatory policies and the understanding that public protection is foremost;
- A proven track record of building positive, effective relationships with employees as well as external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated success in working with Council members/board members and committees; and
- A successful track record in financial management including drafting budgets, financial planning, analysis of interim and yearly financial statements, and control protocols for fiscal health.
Though not required the ideal candidate may also have/be:
- Knowledge and understanding of the dual mandate of a regulatory college and association within the healthcare sector;
- A Registered Optician in good standing or person eligible for registration with the ACAO;
- Working knowledge of the Health Professions Act; an understanding of, and exposure to, current practice issues and factors influencing Opticianry and health care in Alberta;
- Familiarity with grant-writing and alternative funding sources; and
- Formal training and/or experience gained through the Canadian Society of Association Executives.
If this brief description intrigues you and you’d like to learn more, please be in touch to receive the full profile by contacting Julie Barron, Principal, either at email@example.com or 780.665.4965 ext. 103.